Co-sponsored by the UNA-MN
Come celebrate the most popular sport in the world at our 2018 World Cup Street Fair at the Neighborhood House at East Side Neighborhood Services in Minneapolis on Saturday, June 30. This all-day festival is free to the public and has been organized with our local communities and soccer fanatics in mind. The purpose is to celebrate this great global event and allow families to enjoy an afternoon of food, music, games, and fun.
Attendees at this event will enjoy a parade of World Cup nations, street soccer skills demonstrations, live musical and DJ performances, appearances from professional athletes, and—of course—the opportunity to enjoy the matches on a big screen or kick the ball around in a friendly tournament or skills clinic. In addition, there will be a variety of food and beverage vendors on hand (including in a designated beer garden), as well as exhibitors representing local businesses, organizations, and resources. This event will be broken into the following zones:
- Pitch Zone, featuring open space for kids (and kids at heart) to show off their soccer skills and learn new ones in one of the World Cup Street Fair mini clinics.
- Education Zone, for exhibitors interested in sharing educational resources, services, programming, and enrollment information with K-12 families.
- Exhibitors Zone, featuring community resources and services from well-branded companies, organizations, and government agencies interested in reaching a diverse group of consumers or constituents.
- Career Zone, featuring companies, organizations, and state agencies interested in diversifying their workforces.
- Health & Well-Being Zone, featuring holistic and traditional health-related companies interested in connecting with our communities and promoting healthy living.
- Entertainment Zone, featuring live music, bands, DJs, a massive screen to view the World Cup, and a beer garden for adults to enjoy with a cold one.
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
East Side Neighborhood Services
1700 NE Second St.
Visit this website to learn more about this event.