We invite you to learn more about the UN and to participate in our programs and advocacy efforts. If you’re not already a member, please considering joining and select Minnesota as your local chapter.
Membership is open to any U.S. citizen or resident committed to the mission of the United Nations Association.
Become a member of the United Nations Association of Minnesota (UNA-MN)
What is the United Nations Association of Minnesota?
UNA-MN is a grassroots nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. We promote and educate about the principles and goals of the United Nations. Founded in 1948 as a Division of the United Nations Association of the United States (UNA-USA) we are now a part of the UN Foundation with over 20,000 members nationally.
Dedicated to educating, inspiring, and mobilizing Minnesotans to support the principles and vital work of the United Nations and its Agencies.
The Reason to Join:
Your support of the United Nations is extremely important at precisely this time of international conflicts between superpowers, the historic flow of refugees, increasingly frequent natural disasters due to climate change, and pandemics/disease which threaten global public health. The UN and its Agencies are more needed than ever in dealing with these crises.
UNA-MN Member Benefits
- Members engage with people who also support the work of the United Nations, its Agencies and Goals
- Members become our collective base for advocacy
- Members are supported in reaching out to elected officials
- Members participate and learn from programs and events
- Members learn about the UN and the critical role it plays in our future
- Members support our Model UN programming
- Members become part of global peace and justice community
Additional Benefits from UNA-USA
- Being part of the nation’s largest group of advocates for the UN, with a network of over 200 chapters and 20,000+ members in the U.S.
- Invitations to participate in UNA-USA’s annual Global Engagement Summit at UN Headquarters in New York City and the Global Leadership Summit in Washington, DC
- Initiatives, materials, and support for successful advocacy action
- Personal growth in areas like civic duty, service-oriented impact, and building relationships within your community
- PASSPORT, UNA-USA’s members-only experience for education and skills building
- Professional development opportunities, including fellowship and delegate programs
- Membership access to UNA Forum, UNA-USAs closed online community for members
- Invitation to be a member of the UN Federal Credit Union.
- Access to United Nations events and experts as well as special programs through local UNA-USA chapters
- Opportunity to participate in the annual Youth Observer Program which introduces young Americans to the work of the United Nations and empowers them to be active in fostering peace and justice initiatives.
- Opportunities to engage with United Nations Foundation campaigns
- Youth: FREE for members under the age of 26
- Young Professional (ages 18-30): $25
- Standard: $50
- Bronze: $100
- Gold: $500
- Lifetime: $1000
- Fixed Income: $25